Who: All self-declared Republicans who are registered to vote in Boone County by the March 10 presidential preference primary are eligible to attend.
When: Saturday, April 4; registration begins at 9 a.m. and event begins at 10 a.m. sharp
Where: Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center
Why: To elect delegates to attend the state and congressional conventions and to submit amendments for the proposed party platform.
Volunteers needed to help with check-in and other needed spots. Please email us to support and help your Republican county caucus.
The county caucus is the start of the process to select delegates that will represent Missouri at the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, NC this August. It is also the start of the party platform review process.
Pre-register for the Boone County Republican Caucus here. By pre-registering, you will be able to quickly enter the caucus as you will be pre-determined to be eligible or not to participate. To be eligible to participate, you must be a self-declared Republican who is registered to vote in Boone County and was eligible to vote in the 2020 presidential preference primary. You will just need to show a photo ID to enter if eligible.
Boone County will have 37 delegates to the congressional convention on May 30 in Sedalia, and 37 delegates to the state convention on June 20 in St. Charles. Boone County’s delegates must be elected by slate only. Please email us if you are interested in being on one or both slates. In addition to these slates, alternate slates of 37 delegates for each convention are needed in case delegate(s) cannot attend and alternate delegates are needed to fill Boone County’s 37 allotted spots.
Trump/Pence buttons, bumper stickers, hats and more will be available for set donation amounts to the Boone County Republican Central Committee. This committee is responsible for conducting the caucus plus many other duties that support your Republican Party in Boone County. The committee asks for your financial support to help elect Republicans at the local, state and federal levels.
Please visit the Missouri Republican Party’s caucus page for more information about the caucuses and their process.
Links of interest:
- Missouri Republican Party Platform
- MO Republican State Committee – 2020 Call to Convention
- Delegate election guide
- Local Rules for all counties
- Document of allocation
2020 election dates of note:
- Feb. 25, 2020: First day for statewide and local candidate filing
- March 10, 2020: Presidential Preference Primary
- March 31, 2020: Last day for statewide and local and candidate filing
- April 3, 2020: Boone County Lincoln Day Banquet
- April 4, 2020: Boone County Republican Caucus
- April 7, 2020: General Municipal Election Day
- May 30, 2020: 4th Congressional District Convention, 10 a.m.
- June 19-20, 2020: Missouri Republican Party State Convention, St. Charles Convention Center
- Aug. 4, 2020: Missouri Primary Election
- Aug. 24-27, 2020: Republican National Convention, Charlotte, N.C.
- Nov. 3, 2020: General Election