Boone County Northern District Commissioner (District 2) Candidates
On Medicaid Expansion:
Here is the official ballot language from the Missouri Secretary of State’s website.
Why vote “No”?
- Current Medicaid enrollees who truly need it will not receive the care they need.
- Expansion will cost our state up to an additional $349,000,000 every year. This will cause either a tax increase or cuts to programs like education, public safety and transportation.
- Medicaid financial fraud is already on the rise in Missouri. Expansion will only increase this fraud exponentially.
- Nationally, approximately 800,000 people received coverage for which they were ineligible in states that had expanded.
- Expansion WILL NOT save rural hospitals. If expanded, Missouri’s hospital Medicaid shortfall is projected to INCREASE by more than $150,000,000, which is equivalent to 2,700 jobs.
- Medicaid expansion forces an Obamacare entitlement onto Missouri taxpayers.